Sunday, February 10, 2013

Very Inspiring Blogger Award

Thank you to the very lovely Kate Frost for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award!  I have to confess I hadn't actually heard of it before now, but I'm very grateful nonetheless to be nominated.

I've been given some instructions for what I should do now I've been nominated.  So here goes.  Firstly, 7 facts about myself:



  1. I was born and grew up in Hampshire.  On visits to Winchester, I would often walk past the house where my literary heroine Jane Austen died.
  2. My favourite novel is (you've guessed it!) Pride and Prejudice.
  3. I went to university in Winchester to King Alfred's College which has since been renamed as the University of Winchester.  I much prefer the old name; it's a lot more unique.
  4. I met my future husband when I was involved in a Norman reenactment society.  We reenacted Norman battles at castles around the country.  I say we - I declined to fight, preferring instead to stand on the sidelines watching dressed as a Norman lady!
  5. I moved to Bristol after my husband Ian and I got married.
  6. I love living near to Bath - what a wonderful city!  Shame Jane Austen hated it!  The Roman Baths have to be the best historical site I've ever visited.
  7. I'm currently preparing my novel for self publication with the help of my husband.
So that's me.  I'm not sure I can follow Kate's instructions to the letter and link to 15 other blog sites, but I'll certainly link to a few.  Here's some I really enjoy:

Sinead McKenna
Martin Lake
Kerry Letheby

I wish you all the best with your writing and hope that you all have people who inspire you to keep on ploughing away at it.



2 comments:

  1. It's my pleasure to have nominated you for the award, Elaine. I've just had a look at your three 'inspiring blogs' and it's great to discover new writers.

    I love the sound of the Norman reenactment at castles - I quite like the sound of reenacting the battles, but I think you were wise to stay on the sidelines as a Norman lady! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the award, Elaine and thanks for mentioning my blog. Bath is a lovely place, I used to love to visit when I lived in Somerset.

    I'd have been on the sidelines with you at a reenactment. I prefer to fight about battles rather than fight in them.

    Martin Lake

    ReplyDelete